MOSCOW OBLAST, 2014
A 21HA MASTERPLAN FOR THE RESIDENTIAL / OFFICE DEVELOPMENT ALONG THE MKAD
There is a galaxy of high density residential developments along MKAD (Moscow ring highway). Besides being located adjacent to the metropolitan highway ring, these developments are often accompanied with vast nature areas. However most of these residential developments do not optimize the opportunity to be next to the nature area, and lack the creation of a high quality (thus sustainable) neighborhood, due to following reasons;
1. The lack of compact /intimate streets due to the building typologies
2. "Too Open Spaces" that are big and anonymous, have no specific user and lack intimacy and the sense of community.
3. Monotonous building typologies that lack human scale and the variety of good living conditions.
4. The lack of high quality public space that could function as the foundation for the neighborhood.
5. The lack of optimal integration with the surrounding nature area.
Our goals for this project are;
1. Building prototypes for the residential block that fulfill both demands for high residential density and human-scaled intimate neighborhood.
2. A variety of living conditions for a wide range of consumer target group, as well for generating sustainable communities.
3. High quality public space that raises the quality of the living condition, also being the anchor point for the community and establishment of the ?brand? in the market.
4. Outstanding office buildings at the prime location along the MKAD that becomes the ?face? of the project.
Residential 640,000m2, Offices 240,000m2, Retail 30,000m2, School + Kindergarden, #13,000 car parking
Samolet Real Estate
partner in charge
Valentina Chiappa Nunez, Aleksandar Hrib
DELTAMETROPOOL – jan '02
Conceptual planning and strategic advice concerning the new concept of The Delta Metropole ( the urban conglomeration formerly called 'Randstad', 2800 km2, 6.6 million inhabitants).
LONDON – jan '09
Urban Master plan and supervision for a new town of 11'000 houses at the river Thames in London
THE HAGUE – jan '10
Regeneration of a former industrial area and a park
ROTTERDAM – jan '08
Supervision and masterplan for the area around Rotterdam Central Station.
MOSCOW – jan '06
A New Town for 320'000 residents South-West of Moscow
UTRECHT – jan '94
Urban Master Plan for a New Town of 30'000 houses strongly related to the City of Utrecht