MO CITY, RU
MOSCOW OBLAST, 2014
There is a galaxy of high density residential developments along MKAD (Moscow ring highway). Besides being located adjacent to the metropolitan highway ring, these developments are often accompanied with vast nature areas. However most of these residential developments do not optimize the opportunity to be next to the nature area, and lack the creation of a high quality (thus sustainable) neighborhood, due to following reasons;
1. The lack of compact /intimate streets due to the building typologies
2. “Too Open Spaces” that are big and anonymous, have no specific user and lack intimacy and the sense of community.
3. Monotonous building typologies that lack human scale and the variety of good living conditions.
4. The lack of high quality public space that could function as the foundation for the neighborhood.
5. The lack of optimal integration with the surrounding nature area.
Our goals for this project are;
1. Building prototypes for the residential block that fulfill both demands for high residential density and human-scaled intimate neighborhood.
2. A variety of living conditions for a wide range of consumer target group, as well for generating sustainable communities.
3. High quality public space that raises the quality of the living condition, also being the anchor point for the community and establishment of the “brand” in the market.
4. Outstanding office buildings at the prime location along the MKAD that becomes the “face” of the project.
Residential 640,000m2, Offices 240,000m2, Retail 30,000m2, School + Kindergarden, #13,000 car parking
Samolet Real Estate
partner in charge
Valentina Chiappa Nunez, Aleksandar Hrib